Tendering and procurement case law
This section provides chartered surveyors and construction professionals with a practical guide to the following aspects of tendering and procurement law in the context of the tendering and procurement of a construction contract:
- initial considerations to bear in mind at the outset of the tender process which, if not considered, could give rise to legal pitfalls later on;
- an introduction to and overview of key aspects of the tender process; and
- key procurement matters following the tender award focusing on:
- issues to bear in mind when using letters of intent;
- the practicalities of offer and acceptance and the care that must be taken not to make or accept an offer before being ready to do so;
- the importance of being aware when negotiating a contract that in addition to the express terms of the contract, there could be implied terms; and
- an introduction to and overview of collaborative working arrangements.
This section is maintained by John Hughes-D’Aeth, Adriano Amorese, Geraldine Laing, Natalie Wardle, Anna Blest, Melissa Moriarty, Katharine Tulloch, and Primrose Tay of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP.