Terms and Conditions
isurv ('the Service') is supplied by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) whose principal place of business is 55 Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 2AA.
The Service contains materials, documents and information ('Materials') from many sources and contributors ('Contributors') and is updated by RICS from time to time. The following Terms and Conditions apply to use of the Service by individual subscribers ('Subscribers'), by employees or companies duly authorised by an organisation that is a Subscriber or any other person authorised by RICS ('Authorised Users'). References to an 'Unauthorised Person' means any person who is neither a Subscriber nor an Authorised User.
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
Subscriber's and Authorised User's use of the Service will be bound by and subject to these Terms and Conditions and the RICS website Terms and Conditions at www.rics.org/terms (collectively 'the Terms and Conditions').
A maximum of 6 (six) Authorised Users and Subscribers, during the period of their subscription, may use the Service and the Materials that appear on it from time to time to support their own private study or core business activities or research, and for this purpose may:
- display the Materials on screen;
- make printouts of items included in the Materials using the printing commands contained in the Service; and
- download and store in machine-readable form a single copy of insubstantial portions of the Materials for the Subscriber's or Authorised User's exclusive use.
Following the expiry of any licence, RICS makes no representations, warranties or guarantees in relation to any Materials held and accepts no liability in relation to any Materials accessed by any party.
3. Restrictions on use
Authorised Users and Subscribers may not:
- make multiple printouts or copies of Materials for distribution to Unauthorised Persons;
- re-sell the Service or any part of the Materials to others;
- make the Service or any Materials available to Unauthorised Persons on a local area network, a wide area network or on any intranet or extranet, without written prior permission of RICS;
- exceed the number of licences that they have agreed can access isurv or share individual usernames and passwords (maximum of 6 per licence);
- abstract, download, store, reproduce, transmit, display, copy, distribute or use the Materials other than as permitted by clause 2 above;
- use the Service or send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, or any volume messages that may interfere with the provision of the Service or the enjoyment of the Service by other users.
4. Free trials
Each individual shall have the right to access online 1 free trial of the Service or any given section of the Service from time to time. RICS can withhold the right to a free trial for any reason.
- Materials and features may be added to and removed from the Service without notice.
- The Materials and information included in the Service are provided for reference purposes only. The Service and the Materials and information it contains are not intended either as a substitute for professional advice or judgment or to provide legal or other advice with respect to particular circumstances. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from action as a result of material in this product can be accepted by any Contributor to the Service or RICS.
- Every effort is made to keep Materials up to date but Subscribers and Authorised Users should obtain independent verification or advice before relying on any piece of information in circumstances where loss or damage may result.
Several case law summaries are referred to in the Service. However, the Service highlights general principles only. There are many cases that have not been noted here but may be of importance for specific issues. The full text of any given case should be consulted before reliance is placed on it as an authority.
6. Changes to the Terms and Conditions
RICS reserves the right to change or update the Terms and Conditions relating to the use of the Service from time to time without prior notice to Subscribers or Authorised Users.
7. Governing Law
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law with English courts having exclusive jurisdiction.
Copyright in all or part of this publication rests with RICS, and save by prior consent of RICS, no part or parts shall be reproduced by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying or otherwise, now known or to be devised.
isurv contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.