Infrastructure is vital to our economy and way of life. It provides one of the foundations we need to work, live healthily and enjoy leisure.
Extraordinary skills and ingenuity are needed to manage the complex and vital projects being carried out in the infrastructure sector. There are a number of resourcing strategies that might be implemented by organisations to achieve the sector’s primary objectives, including:
- modernising the approach to recruitment;
- identifying and attracting the next generation of recruits;
- attracting experienced people from related industries;
- modernising the industry and promoting excellence;
- mobilising projects more quickly;
- accelerating the delivery time of projects; and
- providing excellent training and expanding career opportunities.