RICS Forms of Consultant's Appointments
In May 2022, RICS published a new edition of the RICS Forms of Consultant’s Appointment for England and Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
RICS members and others involved in the appointment of surveyors are encouraged to use these Forms for a wide variety of disciplines within the construction process and related fields.
The Appointment Forms are published in three separate versions: Standard, Short and Short Designated, with explanatory notes provided on how the Forms and Scope documents are to be used.
Each Form is designed to be used in conjunction with the relevant Scope of Services to form a complete Appointment.
A separate Scope of Services has been published for the following disciplines:
- Dilapidations Services
- Technical Due Diligence Services
- Contract Administration Services
- Reinstatement Cost Assessment Services
- Quantity Surveyor Services
- Employer’s Agent Services
- Project Manager Services
- Lender’s Independent Monitoring Services
- Corporate Restructuring and Recovery Services
- Principal Designer Services
- CDM Compliance Services
- Building Surveyor Services
- Expert Witness Services and
- Neighbourly Matters Services.
The following table shows which Service should be used with which Form:
Please note: For Building Surveyor Services, the RICS Standard or Short Form of Consultant’s Appointment should be used for projects relating to construction/building and measured surveys. The RICS Short Form for Designated Services should be used for projects relating to asset management/insurance/miscellaneous.