Make good guide
This guidance note is written for any property professional involved in make-good works during or at the end of a lease term. It deals primarily with commercial and industrial premises within Australia, providing advice to lessors and lessees in regard to their legal obligations to repair, decorate or reinstate leased premises.
It deals with every stage of involvement in the make-good process, including:
• taking instructions and clarifying terms of engagement
• determining the different types of schedule and when they might be served
• understanding the different roles in which the property professional might be required to act
• preparing the layout and content of a schedule of make good
• quantifying the claim and preparing an assessment of costs and
• providing advice regarding the preferred timetable for serving of notices and ongoing dialogue, responses and meetings.
This guidance note is effective from 1 August 2017.