isurv authors - Kealy, Martin
- Martin Kealy
- Job title and company
- Director, Martin Kealy & Associates Ltd (MKA Fire)
- Section and channel
Martin Kealy BSc (Hons), FIFireE PMSFPE MCIBSE MNFPA is a Chartered Engineer and a Fellow of the Institution of Fire Engineers. Martin has over 25 years’ experience in fire and life safety engineering including in the UK, USA, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. His experience in high-rise design includes the very tallest buildings in the various countries. Martin's experience includes delivering projects in the Middle East to both UK and US codes.
Martin provides advice on a wide variety of projects from concept to final design, these projects include: airport terminal buildings, high-rise buildings, retail malls and transport interchange buildings working to many internationally recognised standards and especially British Standards, IBC and National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA).
Martin is widely published at technical conferences and in technical journals and has contributed to key fire design guides including:
- CIBSE Guide E Fire Engineering (2003 and 2016 editions) - chair of the steering committee and past author.
- Building Design in Extreme Environments (2014) - author on fire and life dafety for the Arid guide.
- Building Design in Extreme Environments (2016) - author on fire and life safety for the Tropical guide.
- British Standard BS 9999 - 'Means of Escape' section lead author of the first version.
- Institute of Structural Engineers Safety in Tall Buildings (2002) - lead IFE representative and fire advisor.
Martin is an Executive Board Member with responsibility for technical media for the Society for Fire Protection Engineering (UK) branch.
- Company biography
Martin Kealy & Associates (MKA Fire) is an international specialist fire and life safety consultancy firm established in the UK in 2010. MKA Fire is led by Martin Kealy who has over 25 years of expert fire design experience.
MKA Fire consultants providing intelligent design solutions that; improve design flexibility, reduce design risks by obtaining early approvals and reduce construction costs without compromising safety. MKA Fire proactively apply the latest fire engineering technologies and practices into architectural designs.
MKA Fire have experience in designing buildings around the world including Europe, Middle East, India, Asia, and Africa. We use international best practice and design to all major international codes. MKA Fire design a wide range of buildings including:
- airports and metros;
- high rise and atria;
- hospitality and residential;
- retail malls and commercial offices;
- healthcare and education; and
- stadia and museums.