Sections in isurv Planning
Latest additions to isurv Planning
New and updated
27 April 2017
Peter Defoe reviews rights of light developments subsequent to the recent RICS guidance note.
Trees: cases concerning damage - Features
26 April 2017
Vivien King considers some cases concerning damage caused by trees. Obtaining a property that contains high alumina cement, sea-dredged aggregates or, in Cornwall, mundic (iron pyrite) blocks will...
The calculation of surveyors’ fees relating to the exercise of statutory powers in connection with land and property - RICS standards and guidance
19 April 2017
Surveyors advising in respect of compulsory purchase and statutory compensation, UK, 1st edition, derives from the 2012 guidance note The Calculation of Surveyors’ Fees Relating to the Exercise...
Recently updated sections include:
- Pre-application preparation and validation;
- Heritage issues;
- Making a planning application; and
- Neighbourhood planning.
As always, keep an eye on the Planning bulletin.
Latest news and training
Clare Parry of Cornerstone Barristers notes some changes to costs in Planning challenges which came into force on 28 February 2017.
The Government has made important changes to the circumstances in which those seeking to challenge planning decisions can obtain protection against paying the defendant's costs if they are unsuccessful.
There are 3 main changes:
- Claimants now have to provide evidence to the Court about their financial means.
- The Court can vary the level of costs protection.
- The Claimant's means and the merits of the case may be relevant to varying the level of costs protection.
- Case studies
- Document templates
- RICS standards and guidance
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive