JCT 2011 and 2005 compared
JCT 2011 came into effect on 1 October 2011. These contracts feature some significant differences in process and practice to comply with the Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009.
To help isurv users understand the changes, the 2011 version and the 2005 versions of the following contracts have been compared:
- JCT Design and Build;
- JCT Intermediate and Intermediate with contractor’s design; and
- JCT Minor Works and Minor Works with contractor’s design.
Each section includes:
- clause-by-clause comparison between JCT 2005 to JCT 2011;
- reasons to use the contracts;
- summary of changes;
- significant changes; and
- the implications of not changing.
Note: JCT have published amendment sheets to reflect the changes made by CDM 2015. See the JCT website for more detail.
This section was written by Carl Brewin, James Davison and Seb Oram of 3PB Barristers.
JCT contracts were updated in 2016.