JCT 2016 and 2011 compared
JCT 2016 is the current edition of the suite of contracts.
This section provides a comparison of the most significant changes between the 2016 and 2011 editions.
The main changes come under the following headings:
- payment provisions – re-ordered;
- changes to legislation;
- named specialist update;
- insurance within existing structures – Option C;
- bonds and parent company guarantees (PCGs);
- warranties and third-party rights (TPR);
- fluctuations; and
- intellectual property rights (IPR) changes.
The pages comparing the 2016 and 2011 contracts were written by Steven Thompson of RICS.
For reference purposes only, this section also compares the differences between the previous JCT editions from 2005 and 2011. Those pages were written by Carl Brewin, James Davison and Seb Oram of 3PB Barristers.