Quantity surveying and construction
You must complete the following 5 technical competencies:
- Construction technology and environmental services
- Contract practice
- Procurement and tendering
- Project financial control and reporting
- Quantification and costing of construction works
Plus 1 of the following technical competencies:
- Building information modelling [BIM] management
- Commercial management of construction (those working in a contracting or commercial environment will probably choose this competency) OR
- Design economics and cost planning (those working in a consulting environment within either the public or private sector will probably choose this competency).
Further information about each of these technical competencies can be found using the links to the left.
You must complete all 8 mandatory competencies.
Full details of the Quantity surveying and construction pathway are on the RICS website.