Precedent summons

An example summons that could be used in party wall disputes.

Once the complaint is made a magistrate, or a justices' clerk, may issue a summons (section 51 MCA) requiring the defendant to attend the court to answer (i.e. defend) the complaint.

The summons will briefly state the facts of the complaint (usually almost word-for-word) and give a time and date at which the defendant is required to appear to answer the complaint (reg. 98(2) MCR).