isurv authors - Harling, Marcus
- Marcus Harling
- Job title and company
- Partner, Burges Salmon LLP
- Section and channel
Marcus is a London-focused partner advising on the procurement of major projects, infrastructure and real estate development. He is the lead at the firm on the management and delivery of complex construction projects including regulated procurement. Marcus is the lead partner for The Crown Estate and The Greater London Authority.
Marcus is a member of the Constructing Excellence Procurement Theme Group and also the Editorial Board; PLC Construction and Projects Multi-jurisdictional Guide.
He is also the Author of 'Comparative Procurement Regulation', on behalf of the Royal Institute of British Architects. Marcus has the following experience:
- Advising The Crown Estate as lead adviser on construction and procurement across the development portfolio including St James's Market joint venture with Oxford Properties Group.
- Advising Greater London Authority as lead adviser with responsibility for the design of the procurement strategy to select a development partner for Royal Albert Dock. The Development: estimated £1.6 billion GDV will bring Asian Business Port to London promoted by Chinese developer ABP.
- Advising AEG (the Owner and Operator of The O2)/Crosstree Real Estate Partners on the construction the new retail development at The O2.
- Extensive experience of the procurement of construction throughout the development and infrastructure sectors.
- Advising LUL on the construction of the Metropolitan Line Extension (construction aspects).
- Project troubleshooting and dispute resolution in construction and engineering projects.