Impact of bankruptcy
Tenant arrears and bankruptcy
In recent times there has been a dramatic increase in the growth and popularity of the rental market. One of the most popular topics at the moment is individual debt and the reasons for falling into debt; be it entering the vicious circle of short term loans, bad debt prioritisation or even wilful default. A landlord should foresee that there may be a situation where their tenant cannot pay their rent and should be practical in their approach to the issue.
This category considers the options available to a landlord in the event that tenants fail to pay their rent and how these rights differ when tenants become insolvent.
This section is maintained by Winston Jacob, Barrister at Lamb Chambers.
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive
- A practical guide to renting
- Possession action