Sustainable management of the UK Government Estate
Sustainable management of the UK government estate
The UK government owns and occupies a very extensive and diverse property estate, for the purposes of delivering its business of governing the country.
An overview of the rationale and methods by which the government manages its estate is given, with particular reference to its objective to manage its resources in a sustainable manner. Policies and practices are considered generally along with specific government initiatives, where appropriate, and case studies that illustrate best practice.
This section is maintained by Bruce Keith, currently a trustee and president-elect of the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM).
Related RICS professional guidance
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive
- Government requirements for sustainability
- Policy guidance on the government's estate
- Sustainability and the government's estate