JCT Design and Build Contract
JCT Design and build contracts
The JCT Design and Build Contract is well established and widely used by those undertaking construction projects where the contractor is to design and build a project.
It offers tried and tested wording on which to base a solid contract. Occasionally there may be a need to amend this contract to suit a particular project. The employer will rarely use design and build in its purest form and will instead commonly specify his or her needs in considerable detail in the employer's requirements.
Take care to amend only what is completely necessary though and it could be that similar projects have encountered the same issues so it’s advisable to check whether an amendment exists that meets your particular requirement. (See Amending standard forms of contract.)
RICS professional guidance
- RICS property measurement
- Commercial real estate agency standards
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- Full list of RICS professional guidance
- isurv guidance archive
- Introduction to JCT Design and Build
- JCT Design and Build contract documents
- Contractor's obligations under JCT design and build
- Work and materials for JCT design and build
- Payment in JCT design and build
- Completion and claims under JCT design and build
- Indemnity and insurance for JCT design and build
- Termination under JCT design and build
- Other issues with JCT design and build
- JCT Design and Build contract 2011 - what's new?