The role of a letting agent is to carry out the landlord’s instructions and obligations while balancing the requirements of the tenant. The landlord remains responsible for the property and the tenant is responsible for the obligations he entered into on signing the tenancy agreement. The letting agent is the link between the two and a great agent is one who successfully manages the relationship between both parties to their mutual satisfaction.
This section covers the key aspects of the relationship with advice and best practice on managing it on a day-to-day basis.
Related RICS standards and guidance
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive
- Pre-tenancy negotiation
- Know the landlord
- Know the tenant
- Setting expectations