Dispute resolution in the property and construction industries requires the knowledge of experienced surveyors.
Being able to choose the right method of dispute resolution directly impacts on the outcome of the dispute and courts look unfavourably on parties who are too quick to discount alternative methods such as mediation, arbitration and adjudication.
The role of the surveyor as mediator, arbitrator and adjudicator is essential to ensuring the required processes are followed in each form of resolution. Surveyors can also be appointed as expert witnesses to provide evidence and opinion on matters in dispute.
There is further information on dispute resolution on the RICS website.
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive
- Expert witness