RICS property measurement
RICS property measurement published on 18 May 2015. Comprising the Professional statement: office measurement, IPMS: Office Buildings and the Code of measuring practice, it will be updated to comply with new IPMS standards (residential, industrial, retail) as they are published.
Elements of RICS property measurement are mandatory for RICS members and will be subject to regulation by RICS. Other elements are professional best practice and practitioners are strongly advised to follow them.
IPMS residential: consultation closed on measurement of residential buildings on 30 September. The Standard Setting Committee are currently reviewing comments.
See the pathways, guides and competencies for APC candidates, supervisors and counsellors.
Deposit protection - Commentary
See this new section by TDS.
Which survey? - RICS Home Surveys
See the RICS video to help consumers understand the 3 levels of survey.
Legionella: health and safety duties - Commentary
Legionella bacteria can be found in commercial and sometimes domestic supplies, introducing the risk of legionnaires’ disease.
Residential property licensing - Commentary
This section has undergone a major update.
Become an isurv author for the forthcoming infrastructure channel.
- Expert witness: risks of acting as expert advisers and witnesses in the same case - 27 November 2015
- Work at Height Regulations 2005 - 26 November 2015
- Service Charges (Consultation Requirements)(England) Regulations 2003 - 26 November 2015
- Scheme for Construction Contracts (England and Wales) Regulations 1998 - 26 November 2015
- Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 - 26 November 2015
New and updated
Overviews of commentary updates, by topic, from our expert contributors.
- Building regulations
- Case studies
- Document templates
- Market surveys
- RICS professional guidance
RICS professional guidance
- RICS property measurement
- Commercial real estate agency standards
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- Full list of RICS professional guidance
- isurv guidance archive