RICS property measurement
RICS property measurement published on 18 May 2015. Comprising the Professional statement: office measurement, IPMS: Office Buildings and the Code of measuring practice, it will be updated to comply with new IPMS standards (residential, industrial, retail) as they are published.
Elements of RICS property measurement are mandatory for RICS members and will be subject to regulation by RICS. Other elements are professional best practice and practitioners are strongly advised to follow them.
IPMS residential - Consultation began 15 June 2015 on the measurement of residential buildings.
Accounting - new section
Companies dealing with clients' money need accounting methods that are transparent, efficient and accurate.
Which survey? - RICS Home Surveys
See the new video developed by RICS to help consumers understand the 3 levels of survey they can choose from.
Planning laws in England - feature
Julia Dixon looks behind the acronyms to explain how recent planning laws are applied in England.
Leasehold reform in England and Wales - RICS professional guidance
This 3rd edition guidance note takes effect from 1 December 2015.
Become an isurv author for the forthcoming infrastructure channel.
- UK Economy and Property Market Chart Book 2015 (RICS) - 06 October 2015
- Commercial property: transparency around business rates - 06 October 2015
- Commercial property: technology trend - 06 October 2015
- Uplands: birds of prey and driven grouse shooting - 05 October 2015
- Building defects: charges - 05 October 2015
New and updated
Overviews of commentary updates, by topic, from our expert contributors.
- Building regulations
- Case studies
- Document templates
- Market surveys
- RICS professional guidance
RICS professional guidance
- RICS property measurement
- Commercial real estate agency standards
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- Full list of RICS professional guidance
- isurv guidance archive