Residential property insurance
Every situation involving property insurance issues has unique considerations, such as the position and condition of the building, its use and the type of tenant.
In most cases, the lease will specify what type of insurance cover is needed and who should obtain cover. Landlords still need to arrange their own property owner's liability cover.
The importance of keeping sums insured adequate at all times cannot be overstated. Huge variations to actual values can occur, both upwards and downwards, of sums insured if these are not regularly reviewed. This section gives general advice in each area of property insurance.
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive
- Insurance principles
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Commonly checked policy clauses
- Policy covers
- Legal contingencies
- Insurance case law