The term 'brownfield land' refers to land that has been used in the past for industrial purposes. Developing brownfield sites is one of the key mechanisms for remediating land impacted by its industrial past.
Topics of land remediation relief and the 'build now, pay later' scheme are then explored in a series of helpful FAQs, before the stages in a contaminated land assessment are outlined, and the key points summarised in a conclusion.
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive
- Brownfield developments
- Brownfield development drivers
- Site assessment and remediation during the development process