Environmental planning involves a holistic approach to planning and encompasses other planning regimes, such as those covering pollution control air quality, waste, agri-environment and biodiversity.
This section discusses the concept of an environmental land management planning system and the sustainability practices that can be used to support it.
It introduces the principles of environmental land management planning before covering the specifics involved in creating an integrated land management plan. It then moves on to discuss the themes of sustainable development in the context of current government policy. A list of recommended resources is also provided.
Related RICS professional guidance
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive