Rural what's new
Autumn/Winter 2020-21 update
As part of RICS' response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on the built environment, each isurv channel has moved to a rolling update cycle to ensure content is as up to date as possible. This page will be updated with new updates to reflect the changing situation as it develops.
RICS has also released guidance in the form of our Beyond COVID-19 guides, available on isurv here:
- Beyond COVID-19: Valuation approaches and evidence during the COVID-19 health crisis
- Beyond COVID-19: Data protection and reopening the property market
- Beyond COVID-19: Inspections and visits for non-domestic properties
Farm business tenancies
The RICS Farm Business Tenancy Agreements have been updated in 2020 primarily to reflect the UK's exit from the European Union.
The 2020 FBTA suite includes:
- Fixed Term Agreement 2020
- Year to Year Agreement 2020
- Short Form Agreement (2 years or less) for bare land 2020
- Short Form Agreement (2 years or less) land with buildings but no dwellings 2020
- Cropping Licence 2020
- Grazing Licence 2020
Please also read the COVID-19 update for information on how the pandemic has affected commercial leases.
Agricultural and rural disputes
This section has been updated to reflect proposed changes to the dispute resolution mechanism in the Agriculture Bill, and the move to hold FTT and Upper Tribunal hearings online or over the phone during the COVID-19 pandemic.
See iConsult for professional guidance drafts.