Cost management and control of costs is essential if the client is to make informed decisions, while being aware of the overall effect of these on the project.
For both fixed-price contracts and cost-reimbursable contracts, it is important that appropriate cost-management techniques are in place and are applied, in order to give confidence that the project will be delivered to the right price.
The importance of cost management cannot be over-estimated, especially during the post-contract stage.
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive
- Cost estimating: tendering
- Cost forecasting: financial reporting
- Value engineering and benchmarking
- Change control and variations
- Cost validation and audit
- Final accounts