Investing in construction projects carries considerable risk and it can prove difficult to secure funding. To reduce risk, many large projects employ the services of a project monitor.
Project monitoring is carried out on behalf of investors such as fund managers, to inform them of risks associated with a project. Their role is to provide advice on risk and return on a financial investment.
Without an understanding of the risk and the overall risk/reward relationship attached to transactions, poor decisions may arise that can ultimately undermine your business performance.
Related RICS professional guidance
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive