Vehicle dealerships considers the factors that affect the valuation of this property type and elements related to the valuation process itself. The vehicle dealership market is a finite market. It has external influences, in particular, influences from vehicle manufacturers, which must be fully appreciated in order to understand how the property market functions, what drives it and influences and determines value.
A vehicle dealership is only a vehicle dealership if a vehicle franchise exists or is available. If the property is no longer suitable for a franchise, or there is no vehicle franchise available, the valuer will need to consider alternative uses when undertaking a valuation.
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive
- Vehicle dealerships
- Factors affecting vehicle dealership valuations
- Approach to vehicle dealership valuations
- Vehicle dealership valuation checklist