Buying and selling property at auction has many features distinct from any other process of purchase and sale. This section deals with a number of legal issues peculiar to the auction process, and other legal issues more broadly applicable.
This section discusses general principles, supported by relevant cases where applicable. For any specific set of facts, obtain legal advice.
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive
- The auctioneer’s legal status
- Right of vendors to bid on their own property
- Misrepresentation and misdescription
- Slander of title
- Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008