The BRE’s Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) is a standardised environmental assessment method and rating system used for non-domestic new buildings or major refurbishments. It is recognised internationally, but particularly in the UK, with the principal aims of mitigating the life-cycle impact of buildings on the environment and providing a credible environmental label for buildings.
After introducing the key issues the section addresses aspects of the assessment process and the costs of BREEAM. The final focus is on maximising the benefits of BREEAM through effective management of the overall process. Related case studies also provide insight into the practical approach taken to achieve certification.
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive
- Introduction to BREEAM
- The assessment process
- Managing the assessment process
- The cost of BREEAM
- Maximising the benefits of BREEAM