Neighbourhood planning represents a key element in the Coalition Government’s reforms of the planning system in England. Recent legislation provides the legal basis, but there is little yet in the way of guidance. Emerging experience has begun to highlight some of the challenges. The key steps in developing a neighbourhood plan are outlined and also provided in a helpful checklist format.
This section is maintained by Santokh Kaulder of Spitalfields Business Neighbourhood Planning Forum.
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive
- Neighbourhood planning overview
- Neighbourhood planning - the legal basis
- Neighbourhood planning - sources of guidance and advice
- Neighbourhood planning - emerging experience
- Key steps in neighbourhood planning