Using references to form an opinion on the suitability of prospective tenants is an important role of a lettings agent.
References can be obtained from a range of sources in order to obtain the necessary information to establish whether a tenant can afford to pay the rent and will abide by the terms of the tenancy agreement.
Tenant references can be taken up directly by the letting agent or landlord from the relevant referees – download sample letters and application forms to ensure you obtain the right information. Referencing agencies can also be used.
RICS standards and guidance
- RICS property measurement
- UK commercial real estate agency
- New rules of measurement
- QS and construction standards
- Residential property standards
- Valuation standards
- List of RICS standards and guidance
- RICS standards and guidance archive